Thursday, May 6, 2010

Courtney's Best Mommy Moment

My husband and I had been trying for almost a year to have a child, so I had lots of time to think of how I would tell him if and when it finally happened! So when the time actually came that I got a positive pregnancy test... I was snowed in at my in-law's house and my husband was out on call for his job!! I was DYYYYYYYING to tell him, but I wanted it to be in person, so I had to wait TWO whole days before I was able to see him!! When he came home I gave him a "congratulations" card, and told him that I had a gift for him, and and having no idea what the "congrats" was for, he opened the gift bag that had the test in it, and when he turned to me, I raised my shirt and had written on my tummy "You're going to be a daddy!" We both teared up and we hugged and kissed and celebrated! It was the most amazing moment. In that moment, he finally became a daddy, and I finally became a mommy. :)

No comments: